Transferring the Italian Business Register model to a CBC level
Is this project relevant? What ties BRE to innovation and connectivity?
BRE AT A GLANCE
BRE aims at exchanging Business Registers best practice on 3 levels:
- Technological (software and hardware architectures) > innovation itself;
- Regulative (framework of laws about company registration) > policy innovation;
- Operational (procedures for registration and office organization) > process innovation.
Where is the innovation behind the Business Register organization?
- Technological innovation: the Italian Business Register is fully computerized. It manages 6 million registered businesses and 10 million people. The Italian Business Register guarantees extreme timeliness in updating and accessing of data, managing a huge amount of information;
- Regulative innovation: the Italian Business Register is a public register, managed by a public body and guarantees the truthfulness of the data, settling law certainty to business environment. The Business Register in Italy releases a photograph of any company situation. It is possible to obtain information on a business partner or supplier, thus escaping from swindles;
- Process innovation: all Italian Chambers of Commerce share their data in a single national company database. The Italian Business Register issues documents that are essential for the certification and economic information, favoring interaction among companies.
BRE Main activities
- ICT Platform: Project Partners are developing a pilot platform similar to the Italian one. The Platform will be filled with Albanian and Montenegrin companies. Technological innovation!
- Comparative studies: understanding the differences among the three systems. Regulative innovation!
- Shadow days: showing how the system works in Italy and abroad. Involved personnel:
- Head of the Registry and legal officers: how offices work?
- Database manager: how ICT platform works?
- Marketing manager: what can you do with those information to promote economies?